Mercy Health - West Hospital Offers Natural Birthing Suite
Mercy Health - Cincinnati, which provides advanced, quality, compassionate care in your neighborhood through its care network, announces that West Hospital has a natural birthing suite available in its Family Birthing Center.
The new family-centered suite includes the latest natural birth tools, including the only Swedish birthing chair in Cincinnati. It offers expectant mothers a number of options, including hydro-therapy, aroma therapy, music therapy and other natural methods to aid in delivery.
“Our natural birthing suite is set up to resemble an ‘at home’ environment and offers a beautiful rooftop garden view,” says Michael Kramer, Mercy Health West Market President and CEO. “Rest assured, if your condition changes, we have emergency care from in-house doctors available 24 hours daily.”
Mercy Health offers natural childbirth classes as well as a tour and instruction on the equipment to parents-to-be who choose to give birth in the suite.
“Please speak to your provider if you are interested in this option for your birth plan and decide if this is the best option for your birthing experience,” says Kramer.
West Hospital’s Family Birthing Center also features:
- Nine labor, delivery and recovery rooms
- 20-25 private post-partum rooms with private shower and bathroom, a sleeper sofa and desk, windows with plenty of natural light
- Two dedicated C-section rooms immediate mother-baby bonding
- Neonatology services offered in partnership with Children's Hospital
- Level II Special Care Nursery (SCN) staffed by neonatologists for babies requiring additional support, including preterm (32-week) and late preterm babies with nine private, specially equipped rooms to create an environment for babies to continue their development, ensure uninterrupted sleep and bonding with the parent
- Two family suites in the SCN for families that want to be close to their child, while he or she is in the Special Care Nursery
- Dedicated labor unit anesthesiologist, available 24-hours a day, seven days a week
- Maternal fetal medicine consult sources available on site for high risk pregnancies
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Program to reduce risks for mothers who experience complicated pregnancies
- A variety of Childbirth Education classes including one-day classes (Baby Basics, Infant Safety and CPR, Breastfeeding, Siblings at Delivery, Childbirth Refresher) and a four-week Childbirth Education series
- Lactation Program and a Lactation Room with help available from lactation specialists who can help with breastfeeding and provide general patient education