(Lorain, OH) Local women are invited to join a screening event worth celebrating during the 2017 Mamm Jams. The next session will be held on Saturday, September 16 from 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Mercy Women’s Health Center, 3700 Kolbe Road, Lorain.
Mercy is proud to be offering the Mamm Jams throughout 2017 to help provide easy access to this critical health screening for women.
In addition to the screening, women will be treated to fun and education when they schedule their annual mammogram on this date. Plus, with Mercy’s self-referral program, a doctor’s order isn’t needed.
Can’t make it on Sept. 16? No worries, additional Mamm Jams will be held from 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the following dates:
- Oct. 21 – Mercy Diagnostic Center (Elyria)
- Nov. 11 – Mercy Women’s Health Center (Lorain)
Appointments are required and your insurance will be billed. Most health plans offer partial or full coverage for annual screenings for those eligible. Your cost (if any) will depend on your specific insurance.
Schedule your mammogram today by calling 440-245-1012.
Detecting breast cancer early greatly increases a woman’s chances of survival. When breast cancer is detected because it is causing symptoms, it usually means that the cancer is larger and in a later stage, and may have already spread beyond the breast. Early screening can help detect breast cancer before it begins to cause symptoms. This means that the breast cancer is probably smaller and only located in the breast, improving a woman’s chances of successful treatment. Doctors estimate that early detection saves thousands of lives each year, and that many more lives could be saved if women took advantage of early screening for breast cancer.
Three steps for early detection of breast cancer:
- Women should know how their breasts normally feel and report any breast changes promptly to their doctor.
- Regular clinical breast exam – women younger than 40 should have their breasts examined by a medical professional about every three years and annually after age 40.
- Yearly mammogram – women should obtain a mammogram every year starting at age 40.
For more information on future screenings, visit Mercy.com.