Mercy Health — Lourdes Hospital is once again hosting its Future Physicians Program and applications are now available.
Mercy Health — Lourdes Hospital will accept six college students to participate in the program that offers students a unique look into the medical field in order to inspire them to pursue a career in health care. Each selected participant will receive a $500 Lisa Lasher Future Physicians Scholarship upon completing the program.
To apply, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with a concentrated focus on pre-medicine. Preference will be given to students that have completed at least two years, however all applications will be accepted and reviewed.
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA – will need a copy of current transcript from university.
- Must be available for orientation on June 9, 2020.
- Must be available June 15 - July 24, 2020. More than two absences during this time period will result in dismissal from the program.
- Have not previously participated in the program.
Applicants must provide the following:
- 200-word essay - Using Mercy Health – Lourdes Hospital’s core values, write an essay on how these values have been demonstrated through work and/or educational pursuits. Please refer to www.mercy.com/Paducah for core values.
- Two letters of reference – one must be from a professor or TA.
Interested applicants should send all documents to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is March 4 and applicants will be notified by March 18. This is the twelfth year Lourdes Hospital has provided the Future Physicians Program.