Mercy Health takes seriously its mission to provide healing to members of our community, with a special emphasis on caring for the poor and under-served.
“Donations to the Mercy Health Foundation – Lourdes help make an impact in the lives of our neighbors who struggle to afford the medications and treatments they need and in overall patient care,” said Mercy Health Foundation – Lourdes President Jessica Toren.
Thanks to amazing donor support, in 2021 alone, Mercy Health Foundation – Lourdes raised more than $1.7 million to support the following initiatives in Paducah and surrounding communities:
- Virtual ICU service that enables us to provide critical care for patients close to home
- Areola breast tattooing program for breast cancer patients
- Giraffe incubator for our smallest patients
- Pulse oximeters for COVID-19 patients
- Scholarships that help employees advance their health care careers
- Renovation of the outpatient rehabilitation unit
- Reach Out and Read, a program that provides free age-appropriate books at well-child visits at Mercy Pediatrics
- Noise-cancelling system for the emergency department, which helps maintain privacy as patients talk with their care teams and is particularly helpful in abuse or domestic violence situations
- Lymphedema sleeves
- Clothing closet for patients in need
- Pressure sore-preventing Roho cushions
- 10 new recliners for the inpatient rehabilitation unit
- Renovation of the operating room staff lounge
In 2022, the Foundation is fundraising to provide continued support for new technology and help for the region’s most vulnerable patients.
“If you want to support care in your community, I encourage you to visit our donation page to learn more and make your gift today,” Toren says. “No gift is too small.”