Timed to coincide with November’s Lung Cancer Awareness Month observance, Mercy Health – Springfield is offering lung cancer screenings and information sessions on lung cancer throughout Clark and Champaign counties.
Lung screenings are available on the following dates:
- November 2, 8 a.m.-noon, Mercy Health – Urbana Hospital, 904 Scioto St., Urbana, OH 43078
- November 16, 2-4 p.m. Mercy Health – Springfield Regional Imaging Center, 1343 N. Fountain Blvd., Springfield, OH 45504
- November 30, 8 a.m.-noon, Mercy Health – Urbana Hospital, 904 Scioto St., Urbana, OH 43078
Call 937-328-8100 to schedule your lung screening and for more information. Walk-ins welcome based on availability.
If you are 50 or older, have a history of smoking over 30 years and if you currently smoke or quit within the last 15 years, you may benefit from an annual lung cancer screening. Using a CT scan, a radiologist can detect lung nodules that may be cancerous. Detecting lung cancer early can provide better health outcomes for patients. Talk with your physician about lung cancer screening.
Mercy Health is also presenting free community information sessions on lung cancer. Medical experts will discuss advances in lung cancer detection and treatment. They will also provide information on the lung cancer screening program at Mercy Health – Springfield Regional Medical Center and the evolution of targeted cancer therapies that are now available to treat lung cancer.
Presentations take place on the following dates:
- October 27, 7 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 1612 S. Belmont Ave., Springfield, OH 45505
- November 9, 7-10 p.m., Kuss Auditorium, 300 S. Fountain Ave., Springfield, OH 45506
- November 20, 12:30 p.m., Enon United Senior Services, 7571 Dayton Springfield Road, Enon, OH 45323