There may be times when you're not certain whether a trip to the emergency room is warranted. The following questions should help you evaluate the seriousness of the situation and determine the options available to you:
- Is this a life-threatening situation?
- Should I call the doctor's office?
- Should I wait and see what happens?
- Is there any treatment I can provide at home?
- Would a visit to the doctor take care of this?
- Should I drive to the emergency room myself?
- Should I call 9-1-1 or an ambulance service?