Health Sciences Library
The Mercy Health Medical Libraries and Jeghers Medical Index support the Mercy Health mission of improving the quality of health within the Mahoning Valley. This is achieved through an integratation of online self-directed and/or librarian assisted search and referral of the latest high quality peer reviewed medical literature. The collection of medical literature and knowledge therein is designed to meet the needs of medical professionals, trainees and students. These same approaches can be used to explore the medical past contained within the Jeghers Medical Index.
Our goal is to utilize technology to integrate medical information at the local, state, and national levels to:
- Encourage and facilitate the development of information management habits and skills for lifelong learning.
- Support the search for new and better ways to provide successful patient outcomes and improved patient experiences in healthcare.
- Position the Mercy Health libraries as one of the leaders in promoting evidence based medicine
International Standard Intentifier for Libraries and Related Organizations (ISIL)
- St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital - US-OHYTSEHL
- St. Joseph Warren Hospital - US-OHWRSJHW
- St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital - US-OHBDMSEHB
- Books - Over 3,000 medical print books and 150 electronic books
- Electronic catalogues - NEOMED and OhioLINK
- Journals- About 600 shelved journals/microfiche and over 4,000 electronic journals
- Find a publication
- Desktop computers - 24 for library use
The Jeghers Medical Index is a database of medical literature that spans from the late 1800s to the late 1990s, and it was personally selected and collected by Harold J. Jeghers, M.D., a noted 20th century American physician. Explore this historical medical journal article collection by visiting Search Index.
Mercy Health - St. Elizabeth Youngstown Health Sciences Library
1044 Belmont Ave.
Youngstown, OH 44501
Mercy Health - St. Joseph Medical Library
Building A Second Floor
667 Eastland Ave SE
Warren, OH 44484
Mercy Health - St. Elizabeth Boardman Medical Library
Boardman Medical Office Building
8423 Market Street Suite 201
Boardman, OH 44512
Kimbroe Carter, MD
Medical Library Director