A comprehensive approach to cancer diagnosis and treatment
Cancer continues to be the second-leading cause of death in the United States. Thanks to improvements in cancer screening and cancer treatment, survival rates are improving for many types of cancer. Early detection is important because when abnormal tissue or cancer is found early, it may be easier to treat.
Mercy Health offers the only comprehensive outpatient cancer center in the Mahoning Valley offering both medical oncology and radiation oncology. At Mercy Health, we understand the importance of treating the whole person and are dedicated to providing our patients advanced treatment, with fellowship trained physicians and a collaborative approach to care. All right here, close to home.
While we treat all types of tumor sites/cancer and are also proud to be the only healthcare system in the region to offer:
- Joanie Abdu Comprehensive Breast Care Center (JACBCC) led by Nancy Gantt, MD JACBCC is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Cancer
- The first and only Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Center in the region with Thomas Chirichella, MD, serving as medical director
- The Lung Cancer Center overseen by Thomas Barreiro, MD
Why choose Mercy Health for Cancer Services?
- We offer state-of-the-art technology so you can stay here where you are most supported
- Our experienced patient navigators will help guide patients and families throughout the cancer journey
- Our support services include pre-rehabilitation, social work, nutrition and financial counseling. We also support your spiritual journey
- Our radiation and medical oncologists are board certified and fellowship trained