Mercy Health - St. Joe's at the Mall
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall is located next to Sears inside the Eastwood Mall. Convenient parking and an entrance are available behind Sears.
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall, established August 2005 as a community outreach of Mercy Health - St. Joseph Warren Hospital, offers the community free health screenings, health education programs, health information, information on community resources, fitness classes and a fitness center within the convenience of a local shopping mall. SJATM is open to any member 18 years and older of the community.
Free screenings on various days:
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar
- Peripheral vascular disease (ankle brachial index)
- Bone density (ultrasound of the heel)
- Carotid (ultrasound)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (ultrasound)
- Body fat & BMI (bioimpedence)
- Hearing (by audiologist)
- Pulse Oximetry
Other services at various times:
- Free Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare sign ups
- Free Notary Services for non-financial only.
- Special lab screenings every other month for $10ea.
- Mercy Health Mobile Mammograms
- Mercy Health Dental Service Bus
- Trumbull County Health Department Car Seat Class
- Talk with a Doc- monthly lunch & learn sessions with local doctors or residents.
- Walk with a Doc- monthly informational walk & talk with a local physician around the mall. Incentives for monthly participation.
- Special programs on various health issues, elderly needs, grieving, men’s and women’s health, wellness and personal safety.
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall
All participants of St. Joe’s at the Mall Fitness & Exercise class have to register with staff, sign a liability form and receive a Key Fob. This will allow them entrance to the facility and record their visit.
Strong People- Strong Hearts & Strong Bones Fitness Center
Our Fitness rooms have 40 machines. The Strength room with 20 machines and Cardio room with 20 machines.
Membership is by initial appointment only with an Exercise Physiologist on staff.
There is a one-time start-up fee for everyone of $20. A fitness evaluation is done by an exercise physiologist and a personalized workout plan is developed for the member at this time.
Cost to use the fitness gym is $24/month. SilverSneaker and Silver & Fit members free with an initial evaluation cost of $20. Renew Active members pay $12/month.
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit, and Renew Active site. These are wellness programs with certain Medicare Advantage & Supplement plans. There is no or minimal cost for those insured by these plans.
SJATM holds various Fitness classes throughout the week at various times. Check our calendar on the top of the page.
Fitness classes offered:
- Fun Cardio Class-Free
- SilverSneaker Cardio-Free
- SilverSneaker Classic-Free
- SilverSneaker Chair Yoga-Free
- SilverSneaker Stability & Balance-Free
- Easy Yoga- $20@month or $2@class with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
- Zumba- $20 @month/$3 @ class or Free with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
- Drums & Muscle class - $2@ class for everyone.
- Parkinson’s Exercise Class-Free
- Tai Chi Chih - $5@ class or $2@ class with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
- Stepping to the Oldies- step aerobics-$2@ class for everyone.
Free individual Nutritional Assessments by appointment only on Fridays with our certified Dietitian. A 6-week class in weight management called Nutritional Boot Camp is held throughout the year. Cost is $40 for the 6 weeks or $20 with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
Strong Bones~Strong People is free 12 week strength training program for people with Osteoporosis, low bone density or a high risk. Pre and post testing will be done to evaluate success.
Other services available:
- Mercy Health Home Medical limited retail sales of medical supplies such as blood pressure machines, motorized scooter, rollators and Biofreeze.
- Scooter rental - $5 for 3 hours during hours of operation.
Mercy Health — St. Joe's at the Mall is a department of Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital.