Mercy Health - St. Joe's at the Mall
Mercy Health — St. Joe’s at the Mall is located next to JC Penney’s inside the Eastwood Mall. Convenient parking to the left of Target’s entrance and at the Dental Works entrance.
Mercy Health — St. Joe’s at the Mall, established August 2005 as a community outreach of Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital, offers the community health screenings, health education programs, health information, information on community resources, fitness classes and a gym within the convenience of a local shopping mall.
SJATM is open to any member 18 years and older of the community.
Community Screenings, Programs and Services: Open the general public.
Free screenings on various days and months:
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar
- Peripheral vascular disease (ankle brachial index)
- Bone density (ultrasound of the heel)
- Carotid (ultrasound)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (ultrasound)
- Body fat & BMI (bioimpedence)
- Hearing (by audiologist)
- Pulse Oximetry
Other services at various times:
- Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare sign ups
- Notary Services for non-financial only.
- Special lab screenings every other month for $10 ea.
- Mercy Health Mobile Mammograms
- Mercy Health Dental Service Bus
- Trumbull County Health Department Car Seat Class
- Talk with a Doc- monthly lunch & learn sessions with local doctors or residents.
- Walk with a Doc- monthly informational walk & talk with a local physician around the mall. Incentives for monthly participation.
- Special programs on various health issues, elderly needs, grieving, men’s and women’s health, wellness and personal safety.
Individual Nutritional Assessments by appointment only on Fridays with our certified Dietitian. A 6-week class in weight management called Nutritional Boot Camp is held throughout the year. Cost is $40 for the 6 weeks or $20 with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
Other services available:
- Mercy Health Home Medical limited retail sales of medical supplies such as blood pressure machines, rollators and Professional Biofreeze.
- Scooter rental - $5 for 3 hours during hours of operation.
Membership is required to use the Gym and Fitness Classes. Stop at the Information Desk in the Front Lobby to join.
Our Strong People- Strong Hearts & Strong Bones Gym has 43 machines. Strength and Cardio.
Strong People- Strong Hearts & Strong Bones Gym membership is $24/month with discounts for paying 3 or 6 months in advance. We are a SilverSneaker, Renew Active and Silver & Fit Site as well.
Gym members start with an initial appointment with our Exercise Physiologist. They will do a fitness evaluation and personalized workout plan. The Exercise Physiologist will do your height, weight, blood pressure, body fat, BMI and Balance and develop your workout plan. You will be shown proper and safe use of the equipment. You will have an individual file folder with each machine’s settings, repetitions and times to chart their progress.
Mercy Health — St. Joe’s at the Mall is a contracted site for SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit, and Renew Active. These are wellness programs built into certain Medicare Advantage & Supplement plans. There is no or minimal cost for those insured by these plans.
SJATM holds various Fitness classes throughout the week at various times. Check our calendar on the top of the page.
Fitness classes offered:
- Cardio Jam
- SilverSneaker Cardio
- SilverSneaker Classic
- SilverSneaker Chair Yoga
- SilverSneaker Stability & Balance
- Easy Yoga- $20@month or $2@class with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
- Zumba- $20 @month/$3 @ class or no cost with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
- Drums & Muscle class
- Parkinson’s Exercise Class
- Tai Chi Chih - $5@ class or $2@ class with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
- Stepping to the Oldies- Step aerobics-$2@ class without SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
Mercy Health — St. Joe's at the Mall is a department of Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital.