Mercy Health - St. Joe's at the Mall
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall is located next to Sears inside the Eastwood Mall. Convenient parking and an entrance are available behind Sears.
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall, established August 2005 as a community outreach of Mercy Health - St. Joseph Warren Hospital, offers the community free health screenings, health education programs, health information, information on community resources, fitness classes and a fitness center within the convenience of a local shopping mall.
Free screenings on various days:
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar
- Peripheral vascular disease (ankle brachial index)
- Bone density (ultrasound of the heel)
- Carotid (ultrasound)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (ultrasound)
- Body fat & BMI (bioimpedence)
- Hearing (by audiologist)
- Pulse Oximetry
Other services at various times:
- Free Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare sign ups
- Free Notary Services for non-financial only.
- Special lab screenings every other month for $10ea.
- Mercy Health Mobile Mammograms
- Mercy Health Dental Service Bus
- Trumbull County Health Department Car Seat Class
- Talk with a Doc- monthly lunch & learn sessions with local doctors or residents.
- Walk with a Doc- monthly informational walk & talk with a local physician around the mall. Incentives for monthly participation.
- Special programs on various health issues, elderly needs, grieving, men’s and women’s health, wellness and personal safety.
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall Wellness
Strength room with 20 machines and Cardio room with 20 machines.
Participation is by appointment only initially.
A fitness evaluation is done by an exercise physiologist and a personalized workout plan is developed for the member.
Cost is $20/month. SilverSneaker, Healthy Contributions, and Silver & Fit members free with an initial evaluation cost of $20.
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers & Silver & Fit site. These are wellness programs with certain Medicare Advantage & Supplement plans. There is no or minimal cost for those insured by these plans.
Fitness classes offered:
- Fun Cardio class
- SilverSneaker Cardio
- SilverSneaker Classic
- SilverSneaker Chair Yoga
- SilverSneaker Stability & Balance
- Easy Yoga (additional fee)
- Zumba (additional fee)
- Drums & Muscle class
- Parkinson’s Exercise Class
- Tai Chi Chih (additional fee)
Individual Nutritional Assessments and a weight management program called Nutritional Boot Camp are offered weekly by a certified dietitian.
Strong Bones~Strong People is free 12 week strength training program for people with Osteoporosis, low bone density or a high risk. Pre and post testing will be done to evaluate success.
Other services available:
- Mercy Health Home Medical limited retail sales of medical supplies such as blood pressure machines, motorized scooter, rollators and Biofreeze.
- Scooter rental - $5 for 3 hours during hours of operation.