Mercy Health - St. Joe's at the Mall
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall is located next to Sears inside the Eastwood Mall. Convenient parking and an entrance are available behind Sears.
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall, established August 2005 as a community outreach of Mercy Health - St. Joseph Warren Hospital, offers the community health screenings, health education programs, health information, information on community resources, fitness classes and a fitness center within the convenience of a local shopping mall. SJATM is open to any member 18 years and older of the community.
Free screenings on various days:
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar
- Peripheral vascular disease (ankle brachial index)
- Bone density (ultrasound of the heel)
- Carotid (ultrasound)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (ultrasound)
- Body fat & BMI (bioimpedence)
- Hearing (by audiologist)
- Pulse Oximetry
- Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare sign ups
- Notary Services for non-financial only.
- Special lab screenings every other month for $10 ea.
- Mercy Health Mobile Mammograms
- Mercy Health Dental Service Bus
- Trumbull County Health Department Car Seat Class
- Talk with a Doc- monthly lunch & learn sessions with local doctors or residents.
- Walk with a Doc- monthly informational walk & talk with a local physician around the mall. Incentives for monthly participation.
- Special programs on various health issues, elderly needs, grieving, men’s and women’s health, wellness and personal safety.
Mercy Health — St. Joe’s at the Mall
All participants of St. Joe’s at the Mall Fitness & Exercise classes have to register with staff to become a member. They will receive a Member Key Fob. This will allow them entrance to the facility and record their visit.
The Strong People- Strong Hearts & Strong Bones Fitness Center
Our Strong People- Strong Hearts & Strong Bones Fitness Center has 43 machines. The Strength room with 21 machines and Cardio room with 22 machines.
Cost to use the Strong People- Strong Hearts & Strong Bones Fitness Center is $24/month with discounts for paying 3 or 6 months in advance.
Membership is by initial appointment only with our Exercise Physiologist. They will do a fitness evaluation and personalized workout plan. There is a $20 cost for this. The Exercise Physiologist will do their height, weight, blood pressure, body fat, BMI and Balance and develop a workout plan. They will be shown how to use the equipment and will have an individual file folder with each machine’s settings, repetitions and times to chart their progress. Any former member who has not attended in at least 12 months and wants to restart will have to be re-evaluated and have the same charge.
Mercy Health — St. Joe’s at the Mall is a contracted site for SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit, and Renew Active. These are wellness programs built into certain Medicare Advantage & Supplement plans. There is no or minimal cost for those insured by these plans.
SJATM holds various Fitness classes throughout the week at various times. Check our calendar on the top of the page.
Fitness classes offered:
- Fun Cardio Class
- SilverSneaker Cardio
- SilverSneaker Classic
- SilverSneaker Chair Yoga
- SilverSneaker Stability & Balance
- Easy Yoga- $20@month or $2@class with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
- Zumba- $20 @month/$3 @ class or no cost with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
- Drums & Muscle class
- Parkinson’s Exercise Class
- Tai Chi Chih - $5@ class or $2@ class with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
- Stepping to the Oldies- Step aerobics-$2@ class without SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
Individual Nutritional Assessments by appointment only on Fridays with our certified Dietitian. A 6-week class in weight management called Nutritional Boot Camp is held throughout the year. Cost is $40 for the 6 weeks or $20 with SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit or Renew Active.
Strong Bones~Strong People is no cost strength training program for people with Osteoporosis, low bone density or a high risk and who can commitment to coming 2-3 times a week for the 12-week program. Pre and post testing will be done to evaluate success.
Other services available:
- Mercy Health Home Medical limited retail sales of medical supplies such as blood pressure machines, rollators and Professional Biofreeze.
- Scooter rental - $5 for 3 hours during hours of operation.
Mercy Health — St. Joe's at the Mall is a department of Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital.