"Breastfeeding: Keep Calm and Latch On" Baby Fair Class
Join our FREE "Breastfeeding: Keep Calm and Latch On" Baby Fair class in the Birthing Center at Mercy Health - Springfield Regional Medical Center. This class will be offered at 9:30am, 10:30am, and 11:30am.
Come listen to our Certified Lactation Consultant discuss breastfeeding.
- Producing breast milk is natural, yet the art of latching the baby onto the breast is learned. This class is taught by a Certified Lactation Consultant and provides clear, accurate breastfeeding information for the "soon-to-be" new mother and her family.
- We cover breastfeeding expectations, strategies for success and how to avoid complications.
- Topics include breastfeeding techniques, various nursing positions and comfort holds, maternal diet considerations, nipple care, leaking, tips for partner feedings, the advantages of human milk over supplementation and going back to work.
- A certified Lactation Consultant will be teaching the class and there to answer all your questions.
- Applications will be available for expectant mothers for the full and more informative class.
- Participants will learn the benefits of breast feeding
- Discuss basic anatomy of the breast and how breast milk is made
- Demonstrate popular positions for
- Initiate support for successful breast feeding
- Discuss how to continue breastfeeding successfully with important obligations such as returning to work or school
Baby Fair classes require registration; however, the actual Baby Fair does not. Class sizes are limited. Please call (937) 523-3289 to register. Online class registration is not available.