Mercy Health – Fairfield Hospital Hosts Informative Free Breast Health Event at Jungle Jim’s Fairfield Location on Thursday, May 18
Mercy Health - Cincinnati, which provides advanced, compassionate, quality care in your neighborhood through its care network, announces that Fairfield Hospital is hosting a free informative breast health event for women from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 18.
The event takes place The Oscar Event Center at Jungle Jim’s International Market, located at 5440 Dixie Highway, Suite E, Fairfield, Ohio 45014.
Fairfield’s leading female physicians will detail how breast density, family history, age and genetics affect an individual’s risk of developing breast cancer at this casual, informative event.
- 5:30-6 p.m., check-in, hors d'oeuvres and meet and greet
- 6-7:30 p.m., keynote speakers and question and answer segment
- Amy Argus, MD, board-certified radiologist, fellowship-trained in breast imaging, discusses 3D Mammography (Breast Tomosynthesis). What is it and who should have it? A visual presentation on the risks associated with breast density and why it can only be seen in mammograms.
- Jacquelyn Palmer, MD, board-certified breast surgeon, fellowship-trained in surgical breast oncology, presents the facts on breast cancer. Doctors sometimes find breast cancer after symptoms appear but many women with breast cancer have no symptoms. Dr. Palmer will review:
- why regular breast cancer screening is so important
- how family history and genetics affect your risk of breast cancer
- simple things you can do to detect early or reduce your risk for breast cancer
To RSVP for the program, call 513-603-8211 or visit https://www.mercy.com/cincinnati/news-and-events/events/2017/may/breast-cancer-does-not-wait-till-october-why-should-you-may-18-2017. Space fills quickly.
To schedule your mammogram, call 513-956-3729 (95-MERCY). For best coverage, please verify that Mercy Health - Cincinnati is an in-network provider with your insurance carrier. If you are uninsured or underinsured (have high deductibles), we have financial need-based assistance programs available to help you. Call 513-686-3300 for more information.
Mercy Health’s imaging centers use only the highest quality digital mammography, breast ultrasound and breast MRIs to get fast, accurate results. Mercy Health is with you every step of the way, from diagnostics to support and education. Call 513-956-3729 (95-MERCY) to learn about breast cancer prevention, early detection and the latest technology advances in breast cancer care.