Taking time off from work is tough but there’s no need to live with urinary discomfort. Mercy Health physician and board-certified urologist Patrick Ellison, MD, and the care team at Mercy Health – Paducah Urology offer a wide range of in-office procedures and tests that can provide relief from or help diagnose common urological conditions:
- Bladder scanning is a painless test that helps diagnose issues related to urinary flow.
- Cystoscopy helps urologists diagnose, monitor and treat conditions that affect the bladder and urethra, such as incontinence, an overactive bladder, enlarged prostate, urinary tract infections and blood in the urine.
- Rezum is a minimally invasive procedure that can help shrink an enlarged prostate and provide relief from the feeling of needing to urinate frequently.
- Testopel is a testerone replacement therapy doctors use to treat certain conditions or with patients who have low or no testosterone.
- Urodynamic testing helps diagnose the cause of problems related to urine leaks, controlling your urine, bladder not emptying and an urgent need to go.
- Uroplasty takes only 30 minutes and can help patients with incontinence and overactive bladder.
Additionally, Dr. Ellison and his team help patients manage conditions including kidney stones, elevated PSA levels, hematuria (blood in the urine), prostate enlargement, benign prostatic hyperplasia (noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland), renal masses, non-invasive bladder cancer, prostate cancer and renal cancer.
Patients experiencing urinary discomfort should visit their primary care provider, who can refer them to Dr. Ellison.
Mercy Health – Paducah Urology is located at 1532 Lone Oak Road, Suite 310, Paducah, Ky. 42003. For more information or to make an appointment, please call 270-538-6200.