Mercy Health - Lourdes Hospital seeks six college students to participate in this year's Future Physicians Program. This six-week program allows undergraduate, pre-medicine students to shadow physicians, advanced practice clinicians and other providers for a well-rounded experience.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with a concentrated focus on pre-medicine (preference will be given to students that have completed at least two years, however all applications will be accepted and reviewed)
- Maintain a 3.5 GPA – please provide a copy of your current college transcript
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR be willing to receive your COVID-19 vaccination at Mercy Health - Lourdes Hospital
- Be available for orientation on June 13, 2022
- Be available to participate Monday-Thursday from June 13 to July 28, 2022
- Rotation 1 June 13-16
- Rotation 2 June 20-23
- Rotation 3 June 27-30
- Rotation 4 July 11-14
- Rotation 5 July 18-21
- Rotation 6 July 25-28
Applicants must also submit the following documents:
- 250-word essay - using Mercy Health’s core values, write an essay on how you have seen these values demonstrated through your work and/or educational pursuits (mercy.com/about-us/mission/mission-values-promise)
- Two letters of reference, one must be from a professor or TA
To apply, please email all application documents to Christopher Hines at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is April 14, 2022, at noon CST. Applicants will be notified of a decision by April 22, 2022.
For 14 years, Lourdes Hospital has offered the Future Physicians Program, which gives participants an in-depth look at a career in medicine and hopes to inspire students to pursue this rewarding field.