Emergency Medicine Residency Curriculum
The St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital Emergency Medicine Residency program is fully accredited by the American Osteopathic Association. The four-year program accepts six residents annually. The curriculum includes 26 weeks of emergency medicine with out rotations scheduled at St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital, a Level 1 Trauma Center and pediatric rotations at Akron Children’s Hospital, Mahoning Valley Campus. Weekly didactics are held that include formal lectures, case studies, board review, journal club and SIM lab education.
- Weekly Didactics, Thursday 7:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Lectures from Tintinalli and Rosens, alternating yearly
- Resident lecture presentations
- SIM Lab: Codes and Procedures, SIM Man
- Weekly Journal Club
- Board Review Monthly
- Oral Board Review Monthly
- EM Sono Program
- Rosh Review
- ACOEP Board Review Course Provided Year 4
- Access to SEBH, SJWH and SEYH Medical Libraries and Jeghers Medical Index