Whether you have had diabetes for years, just been diagnosed, or have pre-diabetes, you are not alone. In order to successfully manage diabetes, you need to understand it. Our Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME) sessions will help you learn how to improve your health by taking charge of your diabetes.
About our classes:
- Sessions include topics such as what diabetes is, diabetes medicines, monitoring your blood glucose, benefits of exercise, diet and customized meal planning.
- A class session includes a series of three classes in a row on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Our sessions are offered weekly, 2 ½-3 hours each day in the morning or evening at our three hospitals (see class schedule for specific time and place)
- They are taught by a Registered Nurse Diabetes Educator and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) Diabetes Educator.
- A doctor referral is needed to enroll. Most insurances cover the cost of the classes.
Call us at 330-480-2676 to help you get the referral from your physician and to schedule.