Eliminating Pain and Improving Movement
Thanks to significant medical advances, most hip and knee problems can now be treated without surgery. When possible, Mercy Health orthopaedists work to relieve symptoms with a combination of physical therapy, medication, injections, bracing and activity modification.
When surgery is needed, it can oftentimes be performed minimally invasively, using tiny cuts instead of extensive incisions. These procedures typically result in less pain and a faster recovery.
Some of the hip & knee conditions treated by the experts at Mercy Health include:
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Fractures and dislocations
- Meniscus, tendon and ligament tears
- Femoroacetabular impingement
- Fracture fixation
- Joint resurfacing and replacement
- Ligament reconstruction