Compassionate, high-quality health care for Toledo
Temporary Visitor Restrictions
For the health of our patients, visitors, health care providers and communities, we ask that people do not visit our facilities, including senior services and long-term care locations. For mother/baby and pediatric patients, visitors are limited to a designated partner or primary caretaker/guardian (only one at a time). Exceptions will be considered based on end-of-life situations or when a visitor is essential for the patient's emotional well-being and care.
We recognize that this can be disappointing to our visitors, patients and residents, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you or your family. The health of you and our patients/residents is our top priority.
Mercy Health — St. Vincent Medical Center, Toledo’s first hospital, offers you the high-quality health care you need and the compassion you deserve. Our expert doctors, nurses and caregivers are committed to helping you be well in mind, body and spirit.
Through advanced treatments and cutting-edge technology, we’ve been making lives better and health care easier for the Toledo area since 1885.
A Level I Trauma Center and a Level III NICU are only two of the many features of Mercy Health — St. Vincent Medical Center. Other offerings include our Birthing Center, The Mercy Health Heart and Vascular Institute, The Mercy Health Neuroscience Institute, and Mercy Health Life Flight and Life Star Transport. We also offer the area's only Mobile Stroke Unit.
Outpatient Specialty Clinics
The Mercy Health — St. Vincent Medical Center Outpatient Specialty Clinic provides comprehensive care to patients of all ages. Specialties offered include: burn, plastics, craniofacial, ENT, gastroenterology, general surgery, podiatry, urology and trauma.
Awards and Recognition
- Received the highest level of accreditation in stroke care with the Joint Commission’s Advanced Certification for Comprehensive Stroke Center accreditation.
- Diabetes Education self-management program receives American Diabetes Association recognition for meeting national standards for diabetes education programs.
- Re-certified at the highest level of trauma care as a level 1 trauma care center and Mercy Health – Children’s Hospital as a level 2 by the Committee of Trauma of the American College of Surgeons.
- Weight Management Solutions and St. Vincent Medical Center received a designation by the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- The Women’s Health Physicians and Midwives were recognized as a best practice by the American College of Nurse-Midwives achieving the “Triple Aim” ranking recognizing improvements in the patient experience and health while reducing patient cost.
- Mercy Health St. Vincent Medical Center received accreditation for their pediatric residency program.
News from Mercy Health St. Vincent Medical Center
Mercy Health is proud to announce the Mercy Health – Toledo Trauma Recovery Center (TRC) – a grant-funded outpatient program that provides services to victims of crime.
To provide the community with more resources to dispose of old, unused medication, Mercy Health is pleased to announce the installation of medication drop boxes onsite at eight of its locations across Northwest Ohio to serve the community and help combat ...
A 2-day standardized course focusing on the application of essential fetal heart monitoring knowledge and skills.