Compassionate, high-quality health care for Toledo
Temporary Visitor Restrictions
Mercy Health is commited to the health of our patients, visitors, health care providers and communities. Please note that our hospitals have updated visitor restrictions to allow limited visitors on site.
Please note that we will continue to restrict all visitors from our COVID-19 units although our teams will be happy to assist with creating virtual visit opportunities. Additionally:
- Two visitors (parent/guardian) with pediatric patients.
- Two visitors for Labor & Delivery patients.
- One visitor for all admitted patients, including ER patients (excluding COVID-19 patients)
- Visitors must wear a mask and are asked to bring their own mask if available. Mercy Health will provide a mask for those who don’t have their own.
- All visitors will have their temperature taken before entering the facility.
As always, we ask anyone who may be experiencing symptoms of illness to refrain from visiting your loved one until you are feeling better. Please check back here for updates to these guidelines.
Mercy Health — St. Vincent Medical Center, Toledo’s first hospital, offers you the high-quality health care you need and the compassion you deserve. Our expert doctors, nurses and caregivers are committed to helping you be well in mind, body and spirit.
Through advanced treatments and cutting-edge technology, we’ve been making lives better and health care easier for the Toledo area since 1885.
A Level I Trauma Center and a Level III NICU are only two of the many features of Mercy Health — St. Vincent Medical Center. Other offerings include our Birthing Center, The Mercy Health Heart and Vascular Institute, The Mercy Health Neuroscience Institute, and Mercy Health Life Flight and Life Star Transport. We also offer the area's only Mobile Stroke Unit.
Outpatient Specialty Clinics
The Mercy Health — St. Vincent Medical Center Outpatient Specialty Clinic provides comprehensive care to patients of all ages. Specialties offered include: burn, plastics, craniofacial, ENT, gastroenterology, general surgery, podiatry, urology and trauma.
Awards and Recognition
- Received the highest level of accreditation in stroke care with the Joint Commission’s Advanced Certification for Comprehensive Stroke Center accreditation.
- Diabetes Education self-management program receives American Diabetes Association recognition for meeting national standards for diabetes education programs.
- Re-certified at the highest level of trauma care as a level 1 trauma care center and Mercy Health – Children’s Hospital as a level 2 by the Committee of Trauma of the American College of Surgeons.
- Weight Management Solutions and St. Vincent Medical Center received a designation by the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- The Women’s Health Physicians and Midwives were recognized as a best practice by the American College of Nurse-Midwives achieving the “Triple Aim” ranking recognizing improvements in the patient experience and health while reducing patient cost.
- Mercy Health St. Vincent Medical Center received accreditation for their pediatric residency program.
News from Mercy Health St. Vincent Medical Center
Mercy Health is proud to announce the Mercy Health – Toledo Trauma Recovery Center (TRC) – a grant-funded outpatient program that provides services to victims of crime.
To provide the community with more resources to dispose of old, unused medication, Mercy Health is pleased to announce the installation of medication drop boxes onsite at eight of its locations across Northwest Ohio to serve the community and help combat ...