St. Joe's at the Mall
St. Joseph Warren Hospital extends its services to the community with a facility at the Eastwood Mall in Niles. St. Joe’s at the Mall is a full service Health & Wellness center.
St. Joe's at the Mall is very unique to the community. It was established in August of 2005 as a community outreach of St. Joseph Health Center. Our mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with emphasis on people who are poor and under-served.
Our promise is to make lives better- mind, body and spirit.
SJATM offers the community a place that is accessible in a local Mall. SJATM offers a source to the community for free health screenings, health education programs, health information and community resources.
We offer the following free screenings:
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Bone density
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Body fat & BMI
We offer free:
- Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare sign ups
- Notary Services.
- And special lab testing every other month for $10.
- We sponsor a National program called Walk with a Doc that is done monthly with our local doctors.
- A monthly Talk with a Doc and other health education programs are scheduled.
- A fitness/strength training area was added 7 years ago to further enhance the well- being of the community. Strong Bones Strong People program is for those with Osteoporosis, Osteopenia, and at high risk. This on-going free 12 week program focuses on building strength and balance. After 12 weeks they can maintain on the machines for $20 @ month. A weight management through strength training is also available. A cardio exercise program with cardio machines called Strong Hearts is also available. Monthly fitness classes such as SilverSneakers classic and cardio, Fun Cardio aerobic classes, Zumba Gold classes, Chair & Easy Yoga, Tai Chi Chih, Parkinson Exercise class, Cancer patient exercise class and Water Exercise classes are offered.
St. Joe’s at the Mall offers health screenings; blood pressure screenings; health information; free notary services; wellness programs; and health education programs featuring physicians and other health care professionals. Also located at the site, HM Home Medical sells retail medical equipment, scooters and other home health supplies. St. Joe’s at the Mall is located next to Sears inside the mall. Convenient parking and an entrance are available behind Sears. Opened MWF- 8am-5:30pm & TTH- 8am-4:30pm
St. Joe’s at the Mall also offers flu (September through February; $25) and two types of pneumonia vaccinations (year round; $78) vaccines by appointment. Medicare, Medicaid and Medicare HMO will be billed. Call 330-652-7542 for more information.
Strength Training Programs
St. Joe’s at the Mall offers two strength-training programs to help improve health and wellness — Strong Bones/Strong People and Weight Management.
Click here to download our brochure to learn more.
- Improved bone strength: Strength training increases bone density and reduces risk for fractures for men and women. Postmenopausal women can lose 1-2 percent bone mass annually.
- Restoration of balance and reduction of falls: As people age, poor balance and flexibility contribute to falls and broken bones. Strength training increases range of motion, flexibility and balance.
- Proper weight maintenance: Individuals with higher muscle mass have a higher metabolic rate. Strength training increases muscle mass significantly.
Strong Bones/Strong People
Strong Bones/Strong People is a program for people with osteoporosis, at risk for osteoporosis and those with low bone density.
This year-round program starts with a free 12-week session that includes a pre- and post-test fitness evaluation, orientation to strength training equipment, a personalized workout by a certified fitness trainer and nutrition education for behavior modification.
The fitness evaluation includes:
• Bone Density Screening
• Body Fat Percentage
• Body Mass Index
• Blood Pressure
• Height and Weight
• Muscular Endurance
• Leg Strength
At the conclusion of the 12 weeks, participants are encouraged to maintain progress by continuing to utilize the facility for a small monthly fee.
The weight management program offers three options for participation
Lap Band Surgery Patients: Patients who have had lap band surgery are entitled to utilize the strength-training equipment free for 8 weeks. At the conclusion of the 8 weeks, participants are encouraged to maintain progress by continuing to utilize the facility for a small monthly fee. Physician approval required for participation.
SlimDown: SlimDown is a 6-week weight management program taught by registered dietitians certified in weight management. The program focuses on lifestyle changes in the areas of food, activities and behavior modification. Those participating in SlimDown are entitled to utilize the strength-training equipment free for 10 weeks. At the conclusion of the 10 weeks, participants are encouraged to maintain progress by continuing to utilize the facility for a small monthly fee.
Community: Anyone can utilize the strength training equipment at a fee of $20 per month, with one free month after six months paid.
Equipment includes 11 full body strength-training hydraulic machines, free weights, stability balls and resistance bands.
Open to adults 18 and over. A doctor’s permission may be required for some participants.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 330-652-7542.