Mercy Health - St. Joe's at the Mall
Mercy Health - St. Joseph Warren Hospital extends its mission to the community with a Health and Wellness site at the Eastwood Mall in Niles. Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall is located next to Sears inside the mall. It was established in August of 2005 as a community outreach of Mercy Health - St. Joseph Warren Hospital. Its mission is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with emphasis on people who are poor and under-served.
Our promise is to make lives better- mind, body and spirit.
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall offers the community free health screenings, health education programs, health information, information on community resources, fitness classes and a fitness center within the convenience of a local shopping mall.
Free Screenings on various days:
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar
- Peripheral vascular disease (ankle brachial index)
- Bone density (ultrasound of the heel)
- Carotid (ultrasound)
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (ultrasound)
- Body fat & BMI (bioimpedence)
- Hearing (by audiologist)
- Pulse Oximetry
Other services at various times:
- Free Living Will and Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare sign ups
- Free Notary Services for non-financial only.
- Special lab screenings every other month for $10ea.
- MercyHealth Mobile Mammograms
- MercyHealth Dental Service Bus
- Hospice of the Valley Volunteer training site
- Trumbull County Health Department Car Seat Class
- Talk with a Doc- monthly lunch & learn sessions with local doctors or residents.
- Walk with a Doc- monthly informational walk & talk with a local physician around the mall. Incentives for monthly participation.
- Special programs on various health issues, elderly needs, grieving, men’s and women’s health, wellness and personal safety.
Mercy Health- St. Joe’s at the Mall Wellness
Strong People: Strong Hearts & Strong Bones is the theme of Mercy Health-St. Joe’s at the Mall fitness programs. The fitness component features a strength room with 20 machines and cardio room with 20 machines. Participation is by appointment only initially. A fitness evaluation is performed by an exercise physiologist and a personalized workout plan is developed for the member.
Cost is $20 per month.
Fitness classes offered:
- Fun Cardio class
- SilverSneaker Cardio
- SilverSneaker Classic
- SilverSneaker Chair Yoga
- SilverSneaker Stability & Balance
- Easy Yoga-fee involved
- Zumba Gold-fee involved
- Zumba-fee involved
- Buns & Guns Exercise class-fee involved
- Parkinson’s Exercise Class
- Tai Chi Chih-fee involved
Individual Nutritional Assessments and a weight management program called Nutritional Boot Camp are offered weekly by a certified dietitian.
Strong Bones~Strong People is free 12 week strength training program for people with Osteoporosis, low bone density or a high risk. Pre testing and post testing will be done to evaluate success.
Mercy Health - St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers & Silver & Fit site. These are wellness programs with certain Medicare Advantage & Supplement plans. There is no or minimal cost for those insured by these plans.
Other services available:
- Mercy Health Home Medical limited retail sales of medical supplies such as blood pressures machines, motorized scooter, rollators and Biofreeze.
- Scooter Rental- $5 for 3 hours during hours of operation.
- Vaccinations- Yearly flu vaccinations September- March. Trivalent, quadrivalent, thimerosal free, high dose available. Billed to Medicare, Medicare HMO and Medicaid. All others $20. Pneumonia vaccines- Pneumovax 23 and Prevnar 13 available year around.
Call 330-652-7542 for more information.
Convenient parking and an entrance are located behind Sears.