The Bon Secours Mercy Health Administrative Residency/Fellowship Program is a year-long individualized learning experience. Our program matches candidates based on their geographic preferences and career goals.
Administrative Residents are currently completing their Master’s program and an Administrative Fellow has completed their program. Resident/Fellow experiences are provided in a variety of operational areas and provide exposure to leading a non-profit faith-based health care system.
About Bon Secours Mercy Health:
- One of the 5 largest Catholic health care systems in the America and the largest private provider in Ireland.
- More than $8 Billion in net operating revenue with nearly $2M provided a day in community benefits.
- Over 1,000 sites of care in the US and Ireland, to include 48 Hospitals
As an Administrative Resident/Fellow you will experience:
- Senior Market/Hospital Leadership as your preceptor
- Comprehensive leadership development
- Projects that are strategic and operational in nature
- Exposure to leadership activities such as councils and boards
2023 Program Available Geographic Locations:
- Virginia – Richmond, Hampton Roads
- South Carolina - Greenville
- Ohio – Cincinnati, Toledo, Lima
- Program dates June 2023 – May 2024
- Apply through our careers page using the keyword: Fellowship
- Application deadline is September 24th and offers extended by November 5th
- Please combine your Cover Letter and Resume/CV in one file. Include your geographic preference(s) and your desired outcomes from participating in the program.
- If chosen to move forward in the interview process, you will be asked to present two (2) letters of recommendation: one academic and one professional.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed a Master's degree program in Health Care Administration, Public Health, Business Administration or other related field
- Experience in a health care setting is desired.
- Must be able to physically relocate to the offered market for the length of the program.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with peers and senior leadership.
- Must be flexible in work arrangements and able to work throughout a variety of locations within the healthcare system. Some travel required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work hours.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and work visas are not sponsored.