The Bon Secours Mercy Health Administrative Residency/Fellowship Program is a year-long individualized learning experience. Our program matches candidates based on their geographic preferences and career goals. Resident/Fellow experiences are provided in a variety of operational areas and provide exposure to leading a non-profit faith-based health care system.
Since 2001, Bon Secours Mercy Health has supported over 115 residents and fellows within our organization. Residents are currently completing their Master’s program and Fellows are recent graduates from a Master’s program.
About Bon Secours Mercy Health:
- One of the 5 largest Catholic health care systems in the America and the largest private provider in Ireland.
- More than $8 Billion in net operating revenue with nearly $2M provided a day in community benefits.
- Over 1,000 sites of care in the US and Ireland, to include 48 Hospitals
As an Administrative Resident/Fellow you will experience:
- Senior Market Executive Leadership as your preceptor
- Projects that are strategic and operational in nature
- Exposure to leadership activities such as councils and boards
- Mentorship with former residents and fellows
How to Apply
- Please apply through the Mercy Health Careers page.
- The application deadline is October 8, 2019.
- Official offers to participate in the program will be by November 15th
- Fellowship program will begin June 2020.
2020 Program Available Geographic Locations:
- Virginia – Richmond (3 opportunities)
- South Carolina – Greenville (1 opportunity)
- Ohio – Lima, Springfield, Toledo (1 opportunity in each location)
- Cover Letter to include your geographic preference(s) and your career goals
- Two letters of recommendation: one academic and one professional
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed a Master's degree program in Health Care Administration, Public Health, Business Administration or other related field
- Experience in a health care setting is desired.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with peers and senior leadership.
- Must be flexible in work arrangements and able to work throughout a variety of locations within the healthcare system. Some travel required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work hours.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and work visas are not sponsored.
Please reach out via email to Rachel_Hockman@bshsi.org with any questions about the program or application process.