The Mercy Health Administrative Fellowship Program is an intensive, two-year program designed for recent graduates with a master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, health services administration, or related degree from an accredited program. Fellows will gain on-the-job operational experience and mentoring, as well as in-depth exposure to a broad range of industry issues and learn firsthand about leading a non-profit, faith-based health care system.
- Since 2005, Mercy Health has accepted 41 candidates into the Fellowship Program.
- Fellows have come from all over the United States and U.S. Territories.
- Over 80 Applicants applied for 2018 Mercy Health Fellowship.
- Currently there are 3 Fellows in the Ministry.
- There are 13 former Fellows in leadership roles throughout the Ministry.
As an Administrative Fellow you will experience:
- Market CEO or COO as your preceptor
- Comprehensive leadership development
- Projects that are strategic and operational in nature
- Exposure to leadership activities such as councils and boards
How to Apply
- Please apply via the NAFCAS portal.
- The application deadline is October 1, 2018.
- Official offers to participate in the program will be no earlier than November 12, 2018.
- Fellowship program will begin June 2019.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/ CV
- One-page personal statement on why you want to participate in the Fellowship Program
- Official Graduate School Transcript (Visit the "Academic History" quadrant to submit colleges attended and to download the Transcript Request Form for your registrar's office. Transcripts should be sent directly from your registrar's office to NAFCAS)
- Three letters of recommendation (to be requested in the "Supporting Information" quadrant): one academic, one professional, and one additional (can be academic, professional, or letter from your program director)
- Bachelors degree
- Master's degree- Health Care Administration, Public Health, Business Administration or related field
- Experience in a health care setting is desired
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. and work visas are not sponsored.
To see a list of our current fellows, please click here.