Reporting Quality and Safety Issues
Mercy Health publicly reports its hospital quality data in order to meet the highest standards for quality healthcare delivery and maintain transparency to the communities we serve.
The quality measures that we collect and report were developed by national healthcare quality organizations based on extensive scientific evidence. These measures reflect a hospital’s overall quality of patient care. We strive continuously to give all patients the best care possible.
Any individual who has concerns about safety or quality of patient care at Mercy Health has several options to report these issues.
For our hospitals:
While in the hospital, contact the department manager or ask to speak with any of the executive leadership staff.
After discharge, Contact the hospital’s main number and ask to speak with the Patient Advocate or Patient Representative. These professionals will work with you to assist with resolving any concerns that you may have.
Joint Commission Reporting
Concerns can also be reported to The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission may be contacted by:
- Visiting their website at www.jointcommission.org
- Calling 800-994-6610 Mon. - Fri., 8:30 to 5 p.m., Central Time
- Faxing your concern to the Office of Quality and Patient Safety at 630-792-5636
- Emailing your concern to the Office of Quality and Patient Safety at email@example.com
- Mailing your concern to the Office of Quality and Patient Safety at The Joint Commission at One Renaissance Boulevard, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181