Advocacy & Government Relations
Mercy Health is the largest healthcare system in Ohio, and one of the largest non-profit systems in the country. The depth and breadth of our delegation of elected officials provides our ministry with ample opportunities to address an array of issues important to patients, employees and providers. Within an ever-changing landscape throughout healthcare coupled with unprecedented government budgetary challenges, Mercy Health Advocacy and Government Relations supports:
• Systemic healthcare reform to achieve coverage and access to quality care for all in a cost-effective system of care
• Greater transparency in the healthcare system through improved patient-centric information
• Eliminating care and process inefficiencies that add costs without delivering patient value
• Increasing recognition of innovative quality improving practices as models for providing one standard of high quality care for all
• Fair payment for hospitals and other provider groups focused on improving incentives.
Legislative and regulatory decisions made at all levels of government continue to dramatically influence the fabric of healthcare delivery. These decisions also impact Mercy Health's ability to fulfill its Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with emphasis on people who are poor and underserved. We strive to influence public policy through successful advocacy initiatives.
For more information about Mercy Health's advocacy efforts, please contact Jon Fishpaw, Mercy Health's vice president of advocacy and government relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also invite you to access Mercy Health's Point of View so that you can gather background information on issues that are important to Mercy Health and communicate with legislators on issues that impact our ministry.
Economic Impact of the Investments and Operations on the State of Ohio
MARKET ECONOMIC IMPACT REPORTS
- Lourdes (Kentucky)
- Marcum and Wallace (Kentucky)
- Cincinnati and Springfield
Mercy Health Background
Federal and State Resources
(When you click on the Federal and State Resources links below, you will leave the Mercy Health website.)
- American Hospital Association
- Catholic Health Association
- Medicare Payment Advisory Commission
- Health & Human Services
Ohio State Resources
- Ohio Hospital Association
- Ohio Department of Health
- Ohio Department of Insurance
- Ohio Medicaid
- Ohio Office of Health Transformation
- Catholic Conference of Ohio
Kentucky State Resources
- Kentucky Hospital Association
- Kentucky Department for Public Health
- Kentucky Medicaid
- Kentucky Recovery
- Catholic Conference of Kentucky
The Mercy Health Advocacy Action Center assists our associates and others in learning about legislative issues of importance to Mercy Health and in sharing their views with elected officials. The Mercy Health Advocacy Action Center is provided without warranty, express or implied, and all warranties with regard to the information it contains are expressly disclaimed.
You are permitted to reprint documents created by Mercy Health that are posted on the Key Summaries page. These documents are intended for informational use only, and Mercy Health is not responsible for how they are used by those who reprint them.