Your journey to losing weight does not have to be taken alone. One-third of Americans are overweight, and tens of thousands of people every year turn to medical weight loss to avoid obesity and live healthier and happier lives.
At Mercy Health, we partner with you to develop a lifelong plan for weight loss and healthy living, offering long-term support and medical expertise to make weight loss possible. Weight loss solutions range from nutritional counseling, cooking classes and fitness programs, to advanced medical weight management guided by our bariatric surgeons.
To see how bariatric care can make lives better, view weight loss success stories here.
If you choose to consult our bariatric clinics, options for medical weight loss can include prescription medications or customized programs where we closely monitor your progress and assess your progress toward better health. In many cases, patients who choose medical weight management report dramatically improved quality of life.
Although every patient is different, candidates for non-surgical weight loss options generally will meet criteria including:
- A body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more, or 27 or more with another condition such as Type 2 diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol, or sleep apnea
- Needing support overcoming emotional barriers to weight loss
- Needing the supervision of a physician, along with a comprehensive health care team
Candidates for weight loss surgery generally will meet criteria including:
- At least 18 years old
- An unsuccessful history of trying to lose weight through diet and exercise
- A body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher, which usually means being at least 100 pounds overweight
- A BMI of 35-39.9 along with a serious weight-related health problem (called a co-morbidity) such as diabetes, hypertension requiring multiple medications, sleep apnea, significant cardiopulmonary problems and obesity-related cardiomyopathy
Non-surgical Weight Loss Services We Offer
- Adolescent weight management
- Group lifestyle
- Individualized meal plans
- Medical monitoring
- Metabolic testing
- OPTIFAST® weight loss program
- Prescription weight loss medications
Surgical Weight Loss Services We Offer
- Adjustable gastric banding
- Gastric bypass surgery (Roux-en-Y)
- Robotic weight loss surgery
- Sleeve gastrectomy
Sign Up to Find Your Solution
Ready to take the next step in your journey? Get connected with a weight loss expert and team in your area by filling out the form below.
Whether you are looking for surgical or non-surgical weight loss options, find new patient forms here.
When you want to lose weight, the support team you surround yourself with is of the utmost importance. Whether you visit our bariatric clinics or use our resources to help manage your own weight loss at home, we focus on factors far beyond your short-term goals. Instead, we give you the ongoing coaching, skills and support you need to live a healthier life. Reach out today to learn more or find a bariatric specialist near you.
Find a Doctor
Find a bariatrics weight loss specialist near you
Find a Location
Our locations that can treat you
News and Events
Patients seeking surgical treatment for severe obesity and its related conditions have high-quality choices for receiving treatment at a nationally accredited program that meets the highest standards for patient safety and quality of care in the greater ...