Group Fitness Classes
Mercy HealthPlex offers over 100 land and aquatic group fitness classes each week. Our certified instructors will have you loving the latest fitness craze as well as the best of the standards. Our schedule include everything from high intensity and indoor cycling to yoga and pilates mat - it's like having every fitness studio under one roof. Best of all, Group Fitness classes are included in your membership, so be sure to try them all.
Take the guesswork out of your fitness program and let one of our certified personal trainers help you develop a program that's tailored to your individual needs. Our trainers are nationally certified and can help you set realistic and achievable goals and then establish a plan to help you reach those goals safely and effectively. Plus, a trainer keeps track of your progress and keeps you motivated along the way.
Trainers help you get the most out of your workouts and fix common workout mistakes.
- Train all the muscles and not just the “beach” muscles to keep you balanced and less prone to injury.
- Incorporate resistance training into a weight loss program to help increase your metabolism and define muscles.
- Help you learn how many calories you’re taking in and the quality of the food you eat to help your body perform more efficiently.
- Create different workouts to keep your muscles guessing and your physical composition always improving.
- Make sure exercises are right for your body to keep workouts safe and decrease the chance of joint problems.
- Teach athletes how to train their whole bodies, not just isolated muscles, for optimal game performance.
Working with a personal trainer is the fastest and most efficient way to identify and target your fitness goals. Training sessions can be done one-on-one or with a small group.
Private Yoga and Pilates Training
Take your Yoga or Pilates workouts to the next level with one-on-one training. Our certified instructors help you set personal goals and then create a program tailored to your specific needs. Available in single sessions and packages. Contact Karen Bergen at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
MFit Group Coaching
Group Coaching provides you with the accountability of a group and the expertise of a trainer. Plus, you get the fun of working out with friends and family! MFit Group Coaching features classes for all fitness levels and is a more affordable training option. Register for MFit Group Coaching classes at the Front Desk or call 513-389-5600.
Athletic Development Training
For athletes committed to their sport and looking for a competitive edge, the Mercy HealthPlex offers Athletic Development Training. Work in groups with HealthPlex Personal Trainers to develop and strengthen muscles specific to your sport: Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Swimming, Cross Country, Track, Golf, Baseball, Basketball, Sofball, Wrestling, Tennis, Hockey, Lacrosse and Gymnastics/Cheerleading.
Your Athletic Development Personal Trainer can determine and correct imbalances to prevent injury, help you strengthen your core to enhance balance, coordination and sport mechanics, help you increase joint strength and stability and help you decrease body fat and increase athletic endurance.
Program is designed for Middle School and High School Athletes ages 12-18, College Athletes ages 18-23 and Professional and Recreational Athletes ages 18-80.
Sport Performance Packages
Becoming an athlete requires more than just work outs. You need nutrition, training and professionals who can improve your movement and recovery. Our sports performance packages are specifically designed to maximize your performance by combining services that work together to achieve your athletic goals.
What to expect from Sports Performance Packages
Sports performances packages are designed around specific sports or movements common to different sports.
The Upper Extremity Sports Performance and Injury Prevention package is meant for racquet sports, swimming sports, and throwing. You will receive an advanced movement analysis, UE isokinetic strength assessment and body composition.
- Level 1 is meant for novices and includes video running analysis plus a shoe consultation and orthotic referral as needed. You will also receive a lactate threshold, body composition and advanced movement analysis.
- Level 2 for competitive athletes includes video running analysis, shoe consultation, orthotic referral as needed, lactate threshold, body composition, VO2 Max and calories per hour.
- Level 1 for novices include body composition, cycling lactate threshold, running lactate threshold and advanced movement analysis.
- Level 2 for competitive athletes will get body composition, cycling lactate threshold, running lactate threshold, video running analysis, cycling and running calories per hour and advanced movement analysis.
Total Human Performance Package
Body Composition Assessments.
Isokinetic Strength Assessments.
2-Dimensional (2D) Motion Capture.
Bilateral and Unilateral Balance Assessment
Running or Cycling Calories per Hour
Running or Cycling Lactate Threshold
Resting Metabolic Rate
One (1) hour session with Sports Nutritionist
Human Performance Program
What is the human performance program?
At Mercy Health we offer a full-service Sports Performance Program to support individuals and athletes of all levels and goals. The program offers a complete range of technological performance assessment counseling and education, training programs and nutritional services. Our Human Performance team is comprised of Orthopedic Medical Doctors, Licensed Physical Therapists, Exercise Physiologists, Athletic Trainers and Sports Nutrition/Dieticians.