Temporary Visitor Restrictions
Please note that the hospital has updated visitor restrictions to allow limited visitors on site.
- Each patient in the hospital and emergency department may have one visitor per day.
- Patients in our labor and delivery department will continue to have one designated visitor per stay.
- Exceptions will be made for end of life and other extenuating circumstances.
- All visitors must be over the age of 18.
- Visitors must wear a mask and are asked to bring their own mask if available. The hospital will provide a mask for those who don’t have their own.
- All visitors will have their temperature taken before entering the facility.
- Visitation hours will be from 9 am – 12 pm and 4 pm to 7 pm.
As always, we ask anyone who may be experiencing symptoms of illness to refrain from visiting your loved one until you are feeling better. Please check back here for updates to these guidelines.
Mercy Health — Lorain Hospital has been providing quality health care to Lorain County and surrounding communities for more than 100 years.
Conveniently located in Lorain, Mercy Health — Lorain Hospital is a 338-bed, non-profit, full-service hospital providing inpatient, outpatient and ancillary services.
Awards and Recognition
- Healthgrades® Patient Safety Excellence Award for three consecutive years.
- Healthgrades® five-star rating for treatment of heart attack.
- Healthgrades® five-star rating for treatment of heart failure.
- Healthgrades® five-star rating for treatment of pneumonia.
- First Joint Commission Certified stroke center in Lorain County.
- Diabetes Self-Management Program is accredited by the American Diabetes Association.
- CARF accredited occupational health and rehabilitation programs.
- CAP accredited laboratory services.
News from Mercy Health — Lorain Hospital
New report identifies Mercy Health — Lorain Hospital among the top hospitals nationally for excellence in Spine Surgery for Two Years in a Row (2018-2019).
The MetroHealth System and Mercy Health Lorain Hospital are partnering to bring a Level III Trauma Center to the residents of Lorain County. This is the first time that the more than 300,000 residents within the county’s limits have had access to trauma ...
Mercy Health — Lorain Hospital continues to invest and implement the newest and most innovative technologies for patient care. SpineMap 3D Allows for Minimally Invasive Surgery – Yielding Improved Outcomes for Spine Patients.