Mercy Health nurses are a key part of the quality and safety goals of our ministry. Our nurses find the support and systems they need to provide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, equitable and always patient-centered. New and veteran nurses alike, we have a place for you at Mercy Health.
Key Commitment to Quality Initiatives include:
- All Mercy Health nurses enjoy a robust and individualized program of orientation. Whether you are a recent graduate looking for a residency program designed to help you grow as a professional, or a seasoned nurse looking to make a change, we have an orientation program that will provide a seamless transition to practice.
- All Mercy Health hospitals participate in the Nursing Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI). Our membership in NDNQI allows us to benchmark our nursing outcomes and practice environment with other high-performing hospitals around the country.
- Mercy Health has partnered with Lippincott to give all of our nurses access to the full suite of Lippincott Advisor and Procedure resources available immediately at the point of care. With Lippincott, Mercy Health nurses enjoy immediate access to up-to-date nursing knowledge and best practices.
- All Mercy Health hospitals utilize Epic electronic health records (known as CarePATH at Mercy Health) to coordinate patient information, streamline nursing documentation and make sure up-to-date information is shared with all caregivers.
- Mercy Health has partnered with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) to leverage IHI tools and resources to share best practices and ideas.
The prestigious Magnet Recognition Program was developed by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to recognize health care organizations that provide nursing excellence. It is recognized nationally as the gold standard of nursing excellence.
ANCC Magnet-recognized organizations are grounded in core Magnet principles, are flexible and constantly striving for discovery and innovation. They are leading health care reform and advancing the profession and care of each patient, family and community they serve.
As a ministry, we are proud of our hospital teams who have worked to achieve this designation, including:
- Mercy Health — St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital
- Mercy Health — St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital
- Mercy Health — St. Joseph Warren Hospital
- Mercy Health — Fairfield Hospital