Welcome to Mercy Health — Allen Hospital. Expert health care for central and southern Lorain County.
Temporary Visitor Restrictions
As always, we ask anyone who may be experiencing symptoms of illness to refrain from visiting your loved one until you are feeling better. Please check back here for updates to these guidelines.
- Children under 18 years old are not permitted to visit, including siblings.
- Patients must follow all social distancing and masking guidelines.
- All visitors will have their temperature taken before entering the facility. Temperature screen must be less than 100.0 degrees F(37.8 C)
- Family / support person of admitted patients must enter the main entrance of the hospital.
- Exceptions will be made for end of life and other extenuating circumstances.
- Any visitor that screens positive will not be allowed to enter the facility.
Med/Surg and Critical Care: 9am- 11am and 4pm - 6pm
Acute Rehab Facility: 12pm-2pm and 4pm-6 pm
- Hospitalized patients are allowed one single visitor during the entire hospital stay. Virtual Visits are available
- Appointments and Procedures: No visitors unless special assistance is needed
- Emergency Department: No Visitors unless special assistance is needed
- Pediatric Patients in ED: One parent or guardian
Labor and Delivery
- One support person (the one that has the baby band) may be at the bedside 24/7.
- A second designated person may be at bedside during visiting hours. The second person is the same person for the entire hospital stay.
No visitors at this time.
- Everyone visiting a Mercy Health facility must wear masks or face coverings at
- Masks with filters are not allowed.
- Any visitor that is unable or refuses to wear a face covering will not be allowed to enter the facility.
Mercy Health — Allen Hospital has been the health care provider for the Oberlin community and beyond since its beginning in 1907.
Mercy Health — Allen Hospital is a 25-bed full-service community hospital focused on providing top quality medical care in a personalized, friendly environment. Mercy Health — Allen Hospital provides a wide array of health care services for central and southern Lorain County residents ranging from inpatient care and emergency services to skilled nursing care. Mercy Health — Allen Hospital has been recognized by the Joint Commission, the most prestigious accreditation agency in health care. It has been designated as a critical access hospital, a special government designation that recognizes the crucial need for a hospital in our particular area.
News from Mercy Health Allen Hospital
Mercy Health — Lorain will affiliate with The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute’s The James Cancer Network (OSUCCC – James) to enhance cancer care services.