Mercy Regional Medical Center has delivered outstanding healthcare to Lorain County and surrounding areas for over 125 years.
Our tradition of excellence continues today with our highly skilled doctors and nurses using the latest technology, techniques and procedures. Conveniently located in Lorain, Mercy Regional Medical Center is a nonprofit, full-service hospital providing inpatient, outpatient and 24/7 emergency care.
Mercy Regional Medical Center is regularly recognized for high-quality care. Our national accolades for quality include a four-star ranking from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ Hospital Compare and ongoing recognition in multiple specialties by Healthgrades. Mercy Regional Medical Center was first recognized by Healthgrades in 2003, and our national ratings continue today.
2018 Healthgrades® designations:
- America’s 100 Best Hospitals™ for Spine Surgery
- Healthgrades Spine Surgery Excellence Award™
- Top 10% in the Nation for Spine Surgery
- Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services
- Five-Star Recipient for Back Surgery
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure (2016-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia (2003-2018)
Mercy Regional Medical Center was also recognized with Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award, placing the hospital in the top 5% in the nation for patient safety.