Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine Residency at St. Rita’s. We are looking for intelligent, self-motivated physicians who desire participation in a rigorous and broad-based learning environment. We embody a multidisciplinary team-based care approach where the resident physician may not only learn the essentials of medicine, but also teaching and leadership skills to serve throughout their career.
All applications are processed through the Electronic Residency Applications System (ERAS), we do not accept paper applications or applications submitted through email. Please do not send anything via postal mail, email or fax. Our application deadline is December 15 every year.
ACGME Program ID: 1403800544
Applicants must meet the following qualification/criteria for full consideration.
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine
- Three letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter - Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE and/or COMLEX scores as noted below. We do not have absolute score criteria
- Passage of Parts 1, 2 CK and 2 CS of USMLE or
- Passage of COMLEX-USA Levels 1, 2-CE and 2-PE
- Graduation from medical school within last 2 years is preferred
- This requirement may be modified for otherwise exceptionally qualified candidates
- Research experience is also helpful but not required
- International ECFMG status report (if applicable)
International Medical Graduate (IMG) applicants must meet the following qualifications/criteria for full consideration:
- U.S. health care experience
- Valid ECFMG certification
- Visa sponsorship is not available for J-1 and H-1B Visas
Applicants are selected based on their preparedness, ability, academic credentials, communication skills, motivation and integrity. Bon Secours Mercy Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants.