How to Apply — Internal Medicine Residency at St. Rita's Medical Center
For the 2022 ERAS® cycle, our program will be participating in the supplemental ERAS application offered through the AAMC’s ERAS program. Applicants will be required to complete the MyERAS application, and participation in the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
The deadline for applications is December 15 each year.
All applications are considered and processed through the Electronic Residency Applications System (ERAS), we do not accept paper applications or applications submitted through email. Please do not send anything via postal mail, email or fax.
Match Program Participation
Our program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
NRMP Program Code: 2203140C0
FREIDA ID: 1403800544
ACGME Program ID: 1403800544
Basic requirements for consideration of applications:
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation
- Dean’s Letter - Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE and/or COMLEX scores (score criteria below)
- Participating in and eligible for the NRMP
- U.S. clinical experience
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Graduation from medical school within previous two years is preferred unless actively engaged in attending-level medical practice – this requirement may be modified for exceptionally qualified candidates
Applicants must meet the above application requirements for full consideration, as well as the following qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine
- USMLE and/or COMLEX scores as noted below. We do not have absolute score criteria.
-Passage of Parts 1, 2 CK and 2 CS of USMLE* or
-Passage of COMLEX-USA Levels 1, 2-CE and 2-PE*
- Research experience is helpful but not required
- International ECFMG status report (if applicable)
*Exceptions may be made for the 2021-2022 academic year due to COVID-related delays in USMLE and COMLEX board date.
International Medical Graduate (IMG) applicants must meet the following qualifications/criteria for full consideration:
- U.S. health care experience
- Valid ECFMG certification
- Visa sponsorship is not available for J-1 and H-1B Visas
Applicants are selected based on their preparedness, ability, academic credentials, communication skills, motivation and integrity. Bon Secours Mercy Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants.