All prospective podiatric residents wishing to apply to The Jewish Hospital – Mercy Health will partake in the CASPR application process. The Director of Podiatric Medical Education, a PGY-2 and PGY-3 resident generally attend the CASPR week, held in Frisco, Texas
The Jewish Hospital currently has affiliation agreements with the following podiatry schools:
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
- Barry University (Miami Shores, FL)
- Rosalind Franklin (Scholl) University
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- Temple University
An affiliation agreement must be in place for any student who wishes to rotate to The Jewish Hospital. In addition, the following is required from the student to be sent to the Administrative Director of Surgery no later than two weeks prior to the rotation:
- Letter from the Dean of the school indicating the student is in good academic standing and is approved for this rotation
- Proof that immunizations are up-to-date — a copy of the immunizations may be sent or a letter from the school’s student health office may confirm this information. In particular, the TB screening must be done annually.
- Indication that the student is covered under the school’s liability insurance — a copy of your insurance must be on file at The Jewish Hospital prior to starting the rotation.
- Completed rotation authorization