A Dedicated Team to Coordinate All Your Healthcare Needs
What is a Medical Home?
A “medical home” is a term that means healthcare provided by your physician, your care team and you working together as a team. You’ll have a relationship with your primary care physician AND a team that knows your needs. We’re here to work with you by giving you tools to take care of your health and provide support, looking at all parts of your health and making you an active player in your own health and well-being. It’s a team effort that is focused on continued, coordinated care, instead of just treating a specific illness or event. Your team is focused on the Mercy Health Promise of making healthcare easy for you. This is a change for healthcare on a national level.
We are proud that Mercy Health is leading this change.
What will this mean for me?
- Easier access to high quality healthcare – your care team is available when you need them. You can communicate by phone or email and get an appointment quickly.
- Your team uses technology to quickly access your entire health history. Together, you will talk about treatment options that may be right for you.
- Your team will make sure you understand your health and help you make decisions about your care, including setting goals that you can achieve.
- Your team will help coordinate your care, including finding specialized doctors and making sure that they have all the information they need to treat you as a complete person, looking at all of your health needs.
What do I have to do?
- Be an active team player. Talk with your team about your health questions and tell them about other doctors you see or medical care you receive.
- Take care of your health. Follow the health plan that you and your team create. Set goals you can reach.
- Talk openly with your team. If you have any questions or concerns about your care plan, tell your team about it and work together to make changes if needed.