Our Family and Community Medicine Residency Program at Mercy Health-Anderson Hospital accepts applications ONLY through the Electronic Residency Applications System (ERAS). Applications sent via postal mail, email or fax are not accepted. Due to this being our inaugural year for the program, we will be accepting applications throughout the entire interview season, when ERAS opens in October until Match Day in March. Due to competitive applications and limited residency positions, we encourage applicants to complete their applications as soon as possible.
Per the Common Program Requirements (Residency) ©2020 Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) an applicant must meet one of the following qualifications to be eligible for appointment to an ACGME-accredited program:
1. Graduated from a medical school in the United States or Canada, accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or graduation from a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States, accredited by the American Osteopathic Association Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (AOACOCA); or,
2. Graduated from a medical school outside of the United States or Canada, and meeting one of the following additional qualifications:
- holding a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) prior to appointment; or,
- holding a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the United States licensing jurisdiction in which the ACGME-accredited program is located.
*Visa sponsorship is not available for J-1 and H-1B Visas.
Application forms/required documents
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Dean’s Letter
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE and/or COMLEX scores
- ECFMG status report (if applicable)
- Our residency program does not have any absolute criteria for USMLE scores. We are looking for highly qualified candidates with an outstanding work ethic.
International Medical Graduate (IMG) applicants must meet the following qualifications/criteria for full consideration:
- U.S. health care experience
- Valid ECFMG certification
- Passing grade on Step 1 and Step 2 CK of the USMLE or COMLEX Level 1 and 2
- Graduation within the last 2 years is preferred
- Research experience is also helpful but not required
- Visa sponsorship is not available for J-1 and H-1B Visas