Application DeadlineThe deadline to apply through ERAS is December 31. Due to competitive applications and limited residency positions, we encourage applicants to submit their applications as soon as possible. All interviews will be virtual.
Our Family and Community Medicine Residency Program at Mercy Health Anderson Hospital accepts applications only through the Electronic Residency Applications System (ERAS). Applications sent via postal mail, email or fax are not accepted.
Match Program Participation
Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
ACGME Program Number: 1203800001
- Three letters of recommendation
- Dean’s Letter
- Medical school transcript
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Personal statement
- USMLE and/or COMLEX scores
- ECFMG status report (if applicable)
- Our residency program does not have any absolute criteria for USMLE scores. We are looking for highly qualified candidates with an outstanding work ethic.
We follow the ACGME’s common program requirements for residency candidates. Applicants must meet one of the following qualifications to be eligible for appointment to an ACGME-accredited program:
- Graduated from a medical school in the United States or Canada, accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or graduation from a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States, accredited by the American Osteopathic Association Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (AOACOCA); or,
- Graduated from a medical school outside of the United States or Canada, and meeting one of the following additional qualifications:
-holding a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) prior to appointment; or,
-holding a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the United States licensing jurisdiction in which the ACGME-accredited program is located.
International Medical Graduate (IMG) applicants must also meet the following qualifications/criteria for full consideration:
- U.S. health care experience
- Valid ECFMG certification
- Passing grade on Step 1 and Step 2 CK of the USMLE or COMLEX Level 1 and 2
- Graduation within the last two years is preferred
- Research experience is also helpful but not required
- Visa sponsorship is not available for J-1 and H-1B Visas