Compensation and Benefits
PGY-1 — $50,000
PGY-2 — $51,000
PGY-3 — $52,000
PGY-4 — $53,000
PGY-5 — $54,000
- Health insurance is available for resident and eligible dependents as per hospital policy. Includes a resident contribution and the following benefits: medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision care administered through an approved provider program.
- Long-term disability insurance is payable to eligible employees according to hospital policy.
- Life Insurance is provided for in the amount of one-time payment of the resident's annual salary.
- Professional Liability Insurance is provided in the form of an occurrence policy for coverage of all residency-related critical activities.
Paid Time OffPGY-1 — 15 days
PGY-2, PGY-3 — 18 days
Leave of AbsenceAvailable according to hospital policy. Includes medical, family medical (FMLA), military and personal leave of absence.
Board Review CourseProvided for senior level residents, subject to program director approval.
Education Allowance and Conference Time
Provided for attendance of one educational conference per year with the approval of the program director.
PGY-1 — $1,000
PGY-2, PGY-3 — $1,500
Moving Expense AllowanceAvailable for eligible residents at an amount not to exceed $1,000 per family. Subject to IRS rules, original receipts required. Program Directors determine eligibility.
MealsProvided at $225 food allowance in the hospital cafeteria per month per resident.
ParkingProvided at no cost in an attached and gated parking garage.
On-Call QuartersProvided for each resident when on call and furnished with appropriate amenities.
Other ResourcesAvailable resources for resident use include: electronic medical record, medical library, media resources, graphic arts, protective services, infection control, laboratory and radiologic services, messenger/transport services, risk management, counseling services, etc.
Child CareLocated within walking distance of the hospital is a certified child care center which provides flexible hours of service. Residents are eligible for an employee discount.
Information TechnologyProvided in the form of internet access, medical informatics programs/ clinical data bases.
Located on the premises, free, state of the art employee fitness center for use by all employees.
- Morning Report
- Noon Conference
- Teaching Rounds
- Grand Rounds
- Tumor Conference
- Medical Jeopardy
- Resident Research Day
- ACP Doctor's Dilemma
- Welcome picnic
- International kitchen
- Holiday party
- Graduation banquet
- Project Connect at Rescue Mission
- Informally, occasional dinners, weekend trips and excursions among residents