Life-Saving Heart Care, Close to Where You Need It
When it comes to heart care in Cincinnati, experience matters. Mercy Health offers top cardiologists, the latest technology and sophisticated techniques. Plus, you can rely on the expertise of our vascular and thoracic surgeons. Through the integrated care at The Heart Institute, we can help you prevent, manage, treat and recover from heart disease.
Six Guides for Better Heart Health
Our diagnostic and testing services include:
- 64-slice cardiac CT angiography (CTA)
- Cardiac nuclear testing
- Cholesterol blood test
- Electrophysiology (EP) Studies
- Holter and 30-Day Event Monitoring and Analysis
- Non-invasive vascular disease testing including peripheral CT angiography
- Stress tests
We also offer these treatments and procedures:
- Cardiac biopsies
- Cardiac catheterization
- Carotid artery stenting
- Coronary angioplasty, atherectomy, and stenting
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Percutaneous (minimally invasive) closure of atrial septal defect/patent foramen ovale (PFO)
- Peripheral vascular angiography and stenting
- Pacemaker and defibrillator implants and replacement
- Sclerotherapy and endovenous laser therapy
- Surgical/non-surgical treatment for atrial fibrillation
- Valve repair and replacement
- Cardiac Rehabilitation — Phases I, II & III
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Dieticians and nutritionists educate patients about proper nutrition to help prevent heart disease and also treat it once diagnosed.
- Our Cholesterol and Metabolism Center is well known for its intense management of patients with cholesterol issues. Learning how to lower cholesterol and develop healthy eating habits has helped hundreds of patients reduce a major risk factor in heart disease.
- Exercise is also critical to heart health. With four HealthPlexes located throughout the area, we focus on incorporating regular exercise into a healthy lifestyle.
Heart Care & Cardiology Locations Near Cincinnati