Compensation and Benefits
- PGY 1: $57,700
- PGY 2: $59,800
- PGY 3: $61,800
Health insurance is available for all residents and eligible dependents as per hospital policy. Short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance and professional liability insurance are also available.
Paid Time Off
This includes vacation, sick and personal days.
• PGY 1: 15 days
• PGY 2, PGY 3, PGY 4, PGY 5: 18 days
Education Allowance and Conference Time
This is provided for attendance of one educational conference per year with the approval of the program director. All residents are eligible for $1,500 and five days of conference time per academic year.
- Moving expenses: Available for eligible residents one time up to $1,000 per family. Relocation allowances are subject to current tax laws.
- Parking: Free parking is available for residents
- Meals: A $250 per month meal stipend in Mercy Health Youngstown cafeterias only.
- On-call quarters: Provided for each resident when on call and furnished with appropriate amenities.
- Fitness facilities: Located on the premises of St. Elizabeth Youngstown Campus, which is free to use for all employees. The Davis YMCA of Boardman is also available to employees for a discounted rate and located adjacent to the hospital campus.