Dec. 31, 2021
St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital accepts four PGY 1 residents per year into its Transitional Year Residency Program. Basic requirements for consideration include:
- United States citizen or permanent resident
- Graduates from medical schools accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) in the U.S. or Canada
- Graduates from medical schools accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) in the U.S
Match Program Participation
We participate in the NRMP match. All applicants must apply through ERAS. Applicants are required to utilize this resource and we cannot grant interviews or positions without a complete application.
Completed ERAS application, including:
- An official Dean’s Letter or equivalent from medical school
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE/COMLEX scores. Candidates with more than one failure will not be considered.