Over the course of this 4-year program, you can expect to spend 16 months on Gynecological Surgery and 14 months on Obstetrics services alone. Specialized rotations will also include Urogynecology, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility, Neonatal Care/NICU and Gynecological Oncology, to name a few.
Our formal didactic series occur on Friday afternoons. Residents are provided with 3.5 hours of protected didactic time consisting of lectures and presentations from faculty, guest specialists and other residents.
Journal Club is held monthly. Each month, an appointed resident will select several articles for presentation. Research review techniques are used to facilitate discussion and critical evaluation of OBGYN-related topics.
Other didactic programs include:
- Weekly Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) conference – weekly
- Mortality-Morbidity conference twice a month
- Simulation lab training sessions
- CREOG review
- Colposcopy conference during PGY-2
- Robotics curriculum and training