Compensation and Benefits
- PGY 1: $57,700
- PGY 2: $59,800
- PGY 3: $61,800
$1,500 each year, $50 lab coat stipend is also available
Paid Time Off
- PGY-1: 15 personal days, 5 conference days
- PGY-2, PGY-3 PGY-4, PGY-5: 18 personal days, 5 conference days
Health insurance, including medical, prescription drug, dental and vision care is offered to residents and eligible dependents. Short- and long-term disability insurance are payable after 90 days. Life insurance is provided in the amount of one time the resident's annual salary. Professional liability insurance is provided.
Board review courses are provided to residents during senior year. Additional resources for resident use include medical library, media resources/graphic arts, protective services, infection control, laboratory and radiologic services, risk management, medical record dictation systems, counseling services, etc.
- Moving expenses: Available for eligible residents one time at an amount not to exceed $1,000 per family. Relocation allowances are subject to current tax laws. Director of Medical Education determines eligibility.
- Dues: Annual AOA or AMA and OOA or OSMA membership dues.
- Licensing fees: Initial training license fee and subsequent renewals.
- Meals: Up to $250 monthly meals at Mercy Health cafeterias.
- Parking: Free parking in an adjacent and gated parking lot.
- On-call quarters: Provided for each intern/resident when on call and furnished with appropriate amenities.
- Technology: Internet access, medical informatics programs/clinical data bases.
- Fitness facilities: Fitness center located on the premises of St. Elizabeth Youngstown Campus, which is free to use for employees. The Davis YMCA of Boardman is located adjacent to St. Elizabeth Boardman Hospital Campus with discounted rates available to employees.