The St. Elizabeth Youngstown Family Medicine Residency is accredited by the ACGME and will accept four PGY 1 residents each year. We participate in the NRMP match. All applicants must apply through ERAS. Applicants are required to utilize this resource and we cannot grant interviews or positions without a complete application.
Basic requirements for consideration:
- United States Citizen, permanent resident or able to obtain J-1 or H-1B Visa.
- Graduates from medical schools accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) in the U.S. or Canada within the last 4 years.
- Graduates from medical schools accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) in the U.S. within the past 4 years.
- International medical school graduates must provide a valid ECFMG certification and/or hold a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the U.S.
- Completed ERAS application, including:
- An official Dean’s Letter or equivalent from medical school
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE/COMLEX scores. Candidates with more than one failure will not be considered.
- U.S. clinical experience is strongly recommended.