How to Apply — Family Medicine Residency at St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital
Applications are accepted until Dec. 31.
The St. Elizabeth Youngstown Family Medicine Residency Program will accept four PGY-1 residents each year. All applicants must apply through ERAS. Applicants are required to utilize this resource, and we cannot grant interviews or positions without a complete application
Match Program Participation
The St. Elizabeth Youngstown Family Medicine Residency Program participates in the NRMP match.
Completed ERAS application, including:
- An official Dean’s Letter or equivalent from medical school
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE/COMLEX scores. Candidates with more than one failure will not be considered.
Basic requirements for consideration:
- United States citizen, permanent resident, or able to obtain J-1 or H-1B Visa.
- Graduates from medical schools accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) in the U.S. or Canada within the last four years.
- Graduates from medical schools accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) in the U.S. within the past four years.
- International medical school graduates from accredited institutions within the past four years, who must provide a valid ECFMG certification and/or hold a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the U.S.
- U.S. clinical experience is strongly recommended.