How to Apply — Orthopedic Surgery Residency at St. Vincent Medical Center
Our application deadline is Dec. 1 each year. Interviews for the upcoming academic year will be conducted via Zoom due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Applications System (ERAS). We do not accept paper applications, please do not send anything via postal mail, email or fax.
Match Program Participation
We participate in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
NRMP Program Number: 1580260C0
FREIDA Identifier: 2603800183
ACGME Program Number: 2603800183
To be considered for the program, a completed ERAS application must include:
- An official Dean’s Letter or equivalent from medical school
- Two or more letters of recommendation and one SLOE (Standard Letter of Evaluation).
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX test scores. Candidates who have a test failure will not be eligible for consideration
Basic requirements for consideration of applications:
- United States citizen, permanent resident or able to obtain visa.
- Graduate (or on track to graduate) with MD or DO degree from a medical school in the U.S. or Canada within the last five years.
- International medical school graduates must have a valid ECFMG certification or a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the U.S.
- Completed ERAS application
International Medical Graduate (IMG) applicants must meet the following qualifications for full consideration:
- Must have US health care experience
- Must have a valid ECFMG certification at the time of match
- Board scores – COMLEX and/or USMLE Step 1 required, Step 2 preferred. Prior to starting residency, you must have passed Step 1, Step 2 CK and CS of either USMLE or COMLEX. We prefer all listed steps be passed on the first attempt.
- No cut-off date for medical school graduation, but preferred within the last five years
Visa sponsorship is evaluated on a case-by-case basis for J-1 Visa and H-1B Visa. H-1B Visas are preferred and offered on a on a very limited basis to exceptional candidates only.