Residents — Podiatry Residency at St. Vincent Medical Center
Benefits and Compensation
- PGY 1: $57,688
- PGY 2: $59,712
- PGY 3: $61,746
Per hospital policy, insurance is available for all residents and dependents. We offer:
- Prescription drug
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- Optional supplemental insurance
- Professional liability
Paid Time Off
Residents receive 21 vacation days and five conference days per year.
Residents are offered an annual $2,000 stipend for continuing education and conferences.
- Moving expenses: $1,000 relocation allowance, subject to current tax laws and hospital policy
- Meals: Monthly allowance for meals, additional stipend for call coverage
- Parking: Free parking on all Mercy campuses
- Fitness facilities: Free membership to on-campus fitness center
- Membership in APMA, ABFAS and OHFAMA
- Lab coats (two per academic year, ordered through program)
- Stipend for personal lead protection
- BLS and ACLS certification
- ACDAS Ankle Arthroscopy course
- Occupational health services
- Work/life services and support through LifeMatters®
- Access to medical library and computerized literature
- Direct payroll deposit
- Tax-deferred annuities
Learn more about our current residents here.
Lifestyle in the Area
Toledo is a mid-size city with an affordable cost of living, manageable traffic and many amenities. We have the Toledo Zoo, Toledo Mud Hens at Fifth Third Field and the Huntington Center, which hosts national entertainment. If you like the outdoors, we have Metro Parks with trails and sites to bring you and nature closer together. The downtown business renovation offers a variety of nightlife options.