Benefits and Compensation
- PGY-4: $64,071
- PGY-5: $67,100
- PGY-6: $69,700
Insurance is available for all fellows and dependents per hospital policy. Insurance that is offered includes:
- Prescription drug
- Short- and long-term disability
- Optional supplemental insurance
- Professional liability
Personal days, sick days and four conference days.
In addition to the four conference days offered, fellows receive an annual sign-on/retention bonus of $2,500 (pretax).
- Moving expenses: $1,000 relocation allowance, subject to current tax laws and hospital policy.
- Meals: A monthly allowance is offered for meals, as well as an additional stipend for call coverage.
- Parking: Free parking on all Mercy campuses.
- On-call quarters: Provided for each fellow when on call and furnished with appropriate amenities.
- Fitness facilities: Free membership to on-campus fitness center.
- Membership in the American College of Physicians
- Retirement plans offered
- Two lab coats per academic year
- Stipend for personal lead protection
- 10 days of paid paternity leave
- Required certification courses
- Occupational health services
- Work/life services and support through LifeMatters®
- Access to medical library and computerized literature
- Direct payroll deposit
Lifestyle in the Area
Toledo is a mid-size city with an affordable cost of living, manageable traffic and many amenities. We have the Toledo Zoo, Toledo Mud Hens at Fifth Third Field and the Huntington Center which hosts national entertainment. If you like the outdoors, we have Metro Parks with trails and sites to bring you and nature closer together. The downtown business renovation brings a variety of nightlife options.
What to Expect
You will find an academically robust program with a focus on clinical excellence. The end goal is to prepare you for a great career as a cardiologist or set you up for a further competitive fellowship.