How to Apply — Family Medicine Residency at St. Vincent Medical Center
Application DeadlineThe deadline to apply through ERAS is Nov. 15. All interviews will be conducted via Zoom due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
ERASApplications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program and we do not accept paper applications. Please do not send anything via postal mail, email or fax.
Match Program ParticipationWe participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
FREIDA Identifier: 120-38-31-249
NRMP Program Number: 1580120C0
ACGME Program Number: 1203831249
The completed ERAS application must include:
- An official Dean’s Letter or equivalent from medical school
- Two or more letters of recommendation and one SLOE (Standard Letter of Evaluation).
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX test scores. Candidates who have a test failure will not be eligible for consideration.
Basic requirements for consideration of applications:
- United States citizen, permanent resident or able to obtain a visa, H1-B is our preferred visa.
- Graduate (or on track to graduate) with MD or DO degree from a medical school in the U.S. or Canada within the last five years.
- International medical school graduates must have a valid ECFMG certification or a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the U.S.
- Completed ERAS application
International Medical Graduate (IMG) applicants must meet the following qualifications for full consideration:
- Must have US health care experience
- Must have a valid ECFMG certification at the time of match
- Board scores – COMLEX and/or USMLE Step 1 required, Step 2 preferred. Prior to starting residency, you must have passed Step 1, Step 2 CK and CS of either USMLE or COMLEX. We prefer all listed steps be passed on the first attempt.
- No cut-off date for medical school graduation, but preferred within the last five years
Visa sponsorship is evaluated on a case-by-case basis for J-1 Visa and H-1B Visa. H-1B Visas are preferred and offered on a on a very limited basis to exceptional candidates only.