The following checklist will help you better prepare for your surgical procedure so that your recovery goes as smoothly as possible.
- Let your employer know that you are scheduled to have surgery.
- Call Lourdes Outpatient Rehabilitation at (270) 538-6271 before surgery so that you can schedule your first session the week after surgery.
- Make your home as comfortable as possible before surgery.
- Arrange transportation to and from our surgery unit ahead of time.
- Have a friend or loved one available to help you the first 2-3 weeks after surgery since your pain level may limit your ability to do simple tasks.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight before your procedure.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes and leave all jewelry at home.