Equipment and Modalities
Our staff utliizes the Biodex System 3--offering pioneering breakthroughs in isokinetic testing and rehabilitation technology.
Designed for athletes of all ages, from all walks of life, the Biodex system assesses and treats injuries, while evaluating whether an athlete is ready to return to play.
Biodex System 3 features:
- Speed reproduction that simulates sports play
- Concentric and eccentric contractions allow for the performance of isolated plyometric exercises
- Monitors strength gains when excessive motion is a concern
- Progressive, controlled range of motion training with real-time biofeedback
- Touch panel control gives clinicians the hands-on ability to adjust Torque, Speed, Range of Motion and other critical parameters in real time
- Computer control gives clinicians the option to select mixed mode automated test and exercise sessions
Excel Sports Medicine incorporates the Game Ready™ Accelerated Recovery System into its rehabilitation regimen. This unique system replaces traditional ice packs and cold wraps, and is currently used by athletic trainers for a number of professional and collegiate teams.
Game Ready™ is a computer-controlled unit, which utlizies cold water that is circulated through soft wraps with intermittent compression to decrease inflammation and swelling. This accelerates the body's natural healing process and allows for athletes and active people to recover from injuries faster.
Game Ready™ features include:
- Rapid, deep tissue cooling of injured areas to reduce pain and muscle spasms and help prevent further tissue damage
- Microprocessor-controlled, intermittent compression to help remove swelling from the injury
- Controlled cold therapy within the optimum temperature range to maximize effectiveness and help prevent tissue damage from "freezer burn" common with ice packs
- Ergonomically designed wraps made to fit various body parts for more consistent cooling than ice packs and cold packs
- Easily adjustable temperature, pressure, and treatment time settings
- A physical therapy system that is more comfortable and less messy than ice packs, increasing patient compliance
- Portability: the system can be used on the field, in the car, on the bus or airplane
- Reimbursable treatment under an established CPT code when prescribed and administered by a licensed professional
Excel Sports Medince presents the CYBEX Trazer®, a powerful, state-of-the-art experience that dramatically improves muscle and mental agility while adding exciting new dimensions of fun and function to exercise.
The Trazer launches you into an interactive, virtual world where reaction time, acceleration, speed, power and balance drive on-screen activities giving you a unique and entertaining fitness experience.
Virtual Reality, Real Results
The Trazer is specially designed for users of all ages, kids to seniors, and all abilities to set and achieve their fitness goals. The Trazer is effective in developing and improving:
- Cardiovascular and aerobic endurance
- Spatial awareness
- Weight management
- Reaction time
- Quickness and speed
- Vertical leap
- Sport-Specific conditioning
- Functional cardio-efficiency
Move, Measure, Motivate
Unlike traditional fitness equipment, the Trazer allows free movement that is fun and functional for any user. The Trazer’s technologies measures key aspects of performance and provide immediate feedback. Compete against yourself or a virtual opponent in a variety of on-screen sport and skill activities sure to challenge your mind and body.
Excel’s Trazer Program
One of Excel’s certified athletic trainers will guide you through a fitness program tailored to meet your personal goals.
Programs are designed for two or three sessions per week. Cost is $10 per session. Sessions are held on Monday - Friday from 4–7 p.m. at Excel Sports Medicine, 2600 N. Limestone St., Springfield.
To register or for more information, call 937-342-5600 .